- Natural persons who have no current accounts or hold just one current account;
- You should not have any current accounts or have just one that can be switched into a minimum banking services account, except if the newly opened or switched account is jointly held with a natural person more than 65 years old or a person dependent on third parties.
Conditions to maintain the account
- You should not have any current accounts except if the newly opened or switched account is jointly held with a natural person more than 65 years old or a person dependent on third parties.
- You should carry out banking operations from this account (at least one in the last 6 months) and maintain an average annual balance corresponding to at least 5% of your minimum monthly guaranteed remuneration.
Minimum Banking Services available
- Opening and maintaining a current account;
- Debit card to carry out operations in the account;
- Account operations through ATMs, homebanking and Banco BPI branches;
- The following banking operations: cash withdrawals, deposits, payment bills for goods and services, direct debits and national intra-bank transfers.
The system of access to minimum banking services is regulated by Decree-Law no. 27-C/2000 of 10 March, as amended by Law No. 19/2011 of 20 May, Decree-Law no. 225/2012 of 17 October and Law no. 66/2015 of 6 July.