For a monthly fee of â¬ 6,25 (plus 4% stamp duty), this account gives you access to a set of products and services:
- Debit Card for one person, exempt from annual fee payment;
- Free of charge National Intra-bank Transfers, made through any channel of the Bank;
- Free-of-charge Cash Withdrawals at a Branch (three per month);
- Payment of Bills for Goods and Services;
- Direct Debits;
- Access to BPI Net, BPI Directo and BPI Apps services.
If you use and contract products and services not included in the BPI Base Account, including means of carrying out transactions in this account such as cheques or additional cards, you will be charged the corresponding fees in force at any time, as per Banco BPI's price list.
- You must be a natural person, of age, resident or not resident in Portugal.
- Individual Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed persons may open a BPI Base Account for personal use only and not for their professional activity.
Advantages of being a BPI Client
BPI Clients enjoy benefits under Protocols with the following institutions (you only need to show your debit or credit card issued by BPI):
- Free entry in all exhibitions;
- 30% discount on the purchase of the "Friend of Serralves" card.
Casa da Música
20% discount on the purchase of tickets for concerts promoted by Casa da Música (discount not valid in conjunction with other Casa da Música promotions or season subscription packages).
Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
10% discount on the purchase of loose tickets for all concerts of the 2018/2019 Gulbenkian Music Season
The Base Account is a standardized current account whose characteristics were regulated by Bank of Portugal through Circular Letter 24/2014.