- Natural persons who have no current accounts or hold just one current account;
- You should not have any current accounts or have just one that can be switched into a minimum banking services account, except if the newly opened or switched account is jointly held with a natural person more than 65 years old or a person dependent on third parties.
Conditions to maintain the account
- You should not have any current accounts except if the newly opened or switched account is jointly held with a natural person more than 65 years old or a person dependent on third parties.
- You should carry out banking operations from this account (at least one in the last 6 months) and maintain an average annual balance corresponding to at least 5% of your minimum monthly guaranteed remuneration.
Minimum Banking Services available
- Opening and maintaining a current account;
- Debit card to carry out operations in the account;
- Account operations through ATMs, homebanking and Banco BPI branches;
- The following banking operations: cash withdrawals, deposits, payment bills for goods and services, direct debits and national intra-bank transfers.
Advantages of being a BPI Client
BPI Clients enjoy benefits under Protocols with the following institutions (you only need to show your debit or credit card issued by BPI):
- Free entry in all exhibitions;
- 30% discount on the purchase of the "Friend of Serralves" card.
Casa da Música
20% discount on the purchase of tickets for concerts promoted by Casa da Música (discount not valid in conjunction with other Casa da Música promotions or season subscription packages).
Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
10% discount on the purchase of loose tickets for all concerts of the 2018/2019 Gulbenkian Music Season
The system of access to minimum banking services is regulated by Decree-Law no. 27-C/2000 of 10 March, as amended by Law No. 19/2011 of 20 May, Decree-Law no. 225/2012 of 17 October and Law no. 66/2015 of 6 July.