Content ID: PR_WCS01_UCM01114673
Jerome Powell não descarta a hipótese de novos cortes de taxas
- Volatility rose and stock indices declined across the board as investors turned pessimistic on this weekâs trade talks.
- In particular, media reports suggested that Chinese officials might leave negotiations earlier than expected after the U.S. added 28 companies to a blacklist. Also, Kristalina Georgieva, the new head of the IMF said that the global economy would worsen if governments failed to resolve trade conflicts and support growth.
- In a speech offered yesterday, Fed Chairman Jerome Powell did not close the door to further rate cuts and hinted that the Fed will begin to expand again its asset holdings to ensure money markets function smoothly.
- In FX markets, the GBP weakened after media reports suggested that the U.K.âs government plan for a new exit deal appeared dead after a call between Boris Johnson and Angela Merkel.
- Today, investors will focus on the Fed's meeting minutes, looking for clues on the degree of division among its members.