Managing operating fund requirements so as to manage operational cycles is a challenge for any company.
BPI supports companies with such management, through financing payments directly related to export operations when these are at their order or export stages.
External Financing is a short-term solution, which allows for financing of export and/or import operations of goods and/or services, in euros or in convertible currency.
- Satisfies cash-flow/operating fund requirements: adapts periods of revenue receipt to the operational cycles of the company.
- For exporters: allows for the financing of production orders, particularly important for businesses with a long production cycle and/or with a seasonal gap to the sales period;
- For importers: it enables financing payments to external market suppliers in such a way as to ensure compliance with deadlines and/or advance payments, allowing for the negotiation of more favourable conditions (example: possible discounts for prompt payment).
- Simplicity: contracting supported by BPI forms and copies of the accompanying documents for the pre-export operation or information referring to the import operation to be paid;
- Flexibility: in the amount and financing period: the company only uses the credit when and for the period necessary, thereby only bearing financial costs for the corresponding amount and period;
- Management of the exchange rate risk: For receipts or payments in a foreign currency, financing in the same currency adds to a more effective management of the exchange rate risk.
Companies, Sole Proprietors (SP) and Liberal Professionals (LP) who have short-term financing needs, as part of export and/or import operations.
Up to 100% of the value of the related commercial operation.
For more information, please go to any BPI Branch or Corporate Centre or contact us.
This information is provided for advertising purposes and does not constitute a contractual offer; you must read the pre-contractual and contractual information required by law.
Contracting subject to prior approval by the entities involved and subject to the conditions defined according to the risk profile of each operation.
Banco BPI, S.A., Rua Tenente Valadim, 284, Porto, Tied Insurance Intermediary no. 207232431 (registered with the Insurance and Pension Funds Supervision Authority on 31-10-2017 - more details on the registration available at www.asf.com.pt); authorised to carry on insurance business in the Life and Non-Life Branches with the insurers BPI Vida e Pensões - Companhia de Seguros Vida, S.A., Companhia de Seguros Allianz Portugal, S.A. and COSEC - Companhia de Seguro de Créditos, S.A. Banco BPI, S.A. is not authorised to receive premiums or enter into contracts on behalf of COSEC, Allianz or BPI Vida e Pensões and, as an insurance intermediary, assumes no responsibility for the coverage of risks inherent in the insurance contract.